Traditional vs New Approach for businesses with Appstrail Connector for Tally
Using integrated CRM and ERP systems
In our last blog, we discussed why CRM and ERP system is equally important and often used by businesses to ensure smooth operation. In this blog, we will start by talking about the traditional approach of connecting Tally and Salesforce. After that, we will move to the new approach of integration of Salesforce and Tally with Appstrail Connector will make your life simpler.
A CRM framework manages front-end data, enriching it through marketing and customer service interactions. An ERP framework is used to manage sensitive backend data, such as customer details needed after orders and much more.
Businesses may benefit from both CRM and ERP programs separately. However, using a solid integration solution that connects the two gives businesses even more advantages.
Appstrail Connector to your rescue
Appstrail has finally emerged with a solution to help businesses integrate their CRM and ERP systems. Salesforce and Tally integration till now has been a hurdle and with Appstrail Connector we have done that. Using the world’s #1 CRM Salesforce, we have covered all the major needs of businesses. And simultaneously for the ERP part, Tally would provide an all-around solution for invoices and payments related business transactions.
Hence, we created a platform where both these systems can communicate. In addition to the Salesforce and Tally integration with Appstrail connector, it also provides businesses with a competitive edge against others. It is an out-of-the-box solution and probably the only one connecting Salesforce and Tally in less than 24 hours.
As a result, companies can reach achieve complete Digital Transformation since it assists businesses in getting:
- A complete Customer 360 with subsequent payment management
- A clear view of Planned vs Actual revenue
- Access to Financial data digitally in real-time
- Customer wise pending account receivables
- Collection management system with a real-time update to the relevant stakeholders
- Consistent and timely notifications to recognize better revenue
- Collection closure trends
- Ageing of invoice reports
When information is shared between these systems, stakeholders benefit from enhanced visibility, performance, and streamlined business processes. Since it integrates ERP and CRM, business owners don’t have to worry about chasing their accountant anymore. Instead, they can concentrate on their core functions.
The Traditional Approach
The traditional approach that was being followed had both these applications separate from each other, creating hassle for the stakeholders. Hence, integrating CRM with ERP was the need of the hour. It improves the company’s efficiency and productivity, keeps a check on the operating costs and generates higher profits. Traditionally, a few of the most common approaches taken by the specialists are:
- Implementation of manual upload i.e. exporting data from Tally in CSV format and manually uploading it on Salesforce using the following 3 methods:
- With the help of data loader
- Custom UI built on Salesforce with upload feature
- Import Wizard
- To make the above process automated, a file storage solution is used to store the CSV file at a particular location. In the end, these files are processed based on certain CLI script written. It is a good attempt, but the upload of the CSV file still requires manual effort.
- In a few cases, to make the process fully automated, the FTP server was used where the export & import is automated with the help of the CLI Script
- Generally, tally interacts with external apps with the help of the following 2 interfaces-
- Tally ODBC Interface
- Tally XML Interface
We saw solutions around these interfaces on the above points where many developers built a custom connection to establish the integration. However, it required a lot of maintenance, involved huge cost and did not solve the issue entirely.
The Major setbacks of the traditional method of integration:
- Less accuracy
- Latency issues
- Performance issues
- Required high maintenance
- Dedicated admin for manual process
- Solutions are not real-time
- Custom development required
- Custom metadata mapping may be time-consuming and expensive
- Increases time to get ROI due to a large cycle of development
Our Journey to APPSTRAIL CONNECTOR for TALLY
We at Appstrail went through the entire journey of testing. Finally, after understanding the customer’s feedback & pain points, we came up with a very comprehensive product Appstrail Connector for Tally. It can be deployed within 24 hours, providing ease of implementation. One can enjoy real-time integration seamlessly anytime, anywhere as Tally records like invoices and receipts are synced and made available in Salesforce.
What makes us different?
We have designed & architected our connector in such a way that it uses the Rest Based API interaction. It helps in data sync between Tally & Salesforce. The connector has the following advantages –
- Plug & Play
- While you concentrate on business, we take care of the minimal maintenance needed for the integration
- Real-time integration
- Fewer performance issues
- Seamless and accurate data flow in real-time
- Minimal manual intervention to establish the connection between the two systems post-installation.
- The sales team do not have to wait for accountant’s financial reports; instead, they can review them on daily calls
Your everyday operations:
The Appstrail Connector for Tally would enhance your operations by providing you with the following features:
- Key stakeholders need not wait for the report & analytics based on the Tally data
- Reduces wait time between sales & accountants
- Invoices & receivables are consolidated in Salesforce, which is highly useful for the sales team
- Immediate access to all the customer data
- Access to all reports and summaries at any time from any location and at any device
- Quick decision-making
- Increased revenue
- Improved monitoring of the business
- Enhanced customer experience, therefore, increased loyalty
In brief, we have explained here how Appstrail Connector can change your life if you are looking to integrate Salesforce and Tally to optimize your business operations completely.
TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE PRODUCT, GO THROUGH OUR BLOG SECTION